I love tabouli salad (it’s a Middle Eastern salad that is so refreshing and healthy!), and this is a neat spin on it. Usually tabouli contains bulgur wheat, but this recipe uses shelled hempseeds instead of the wheat- a neat idea that had never even occurred to me.
• 1 cup fresh parsley
• 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves*
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (I used 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon)
• 4 medium yellow vine or Jersey tomatoes, chopped (I used 2-3 large red tomatoes)
• 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
• 2 tablespoons hemp oil (I used olive oil)
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
*If I can’t find mint leaves, usually I’ll just substitute the mint for a bit more parsley, or even some fresh spinach. Another nice option is adding a bit of green onions to this recipe. I also usually add a bit more olive oil and lemon juice.