If you haven’t heard of golden milk, also sometimes known as golden turmeric tea, you’re in for a treat! Turmeric and ginger are wonderful, comforting, anti-inflammatory spices, and this recipe is an easy way to add more anti-inflammatory compounds to your diet.
We’ve posted our favorite recipe below, though there is also an easy, blender version below that. Try them both and see which is your favorite!
• 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, preferably coconut milk beverage or almond milk
• 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
• 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric, unpeeled, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
• 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
• 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
• Ground cinnamon (for serving)
See the entire recipe and directions at Epicurious.
Here is another recipe for golden milk that we like since it’s so simple (everything is mixed together in a blender and then heated on the stovetop).
Also, if you would like to try golden milk without the hassle of a recipe, we do carry prepared golden milk powder by Jarrow called Golden Tea at the store which is dairy free and can be served mixed with hot water or the milk of your choice.