This recipe won First Prize for our Gluten Free Baking Contest! The recipe was made by Jessie Gramont and it was completely amazing! Please forgive our poor photography!
2 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
1 ½ gluten free sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 6 large carrots, peeled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together sugar, oil, and eggs in one bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Once that is all mixed, then add the crushed pineapple with the juice and the shredded carrots.
- Grease two 8” round pans, and divide the mixture evenly between the two pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost with the cream cheese frosting below and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1 stick (or ½ cup) of salted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Cream together butter and cream cheese. Slowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla until it becomes smooth and creamy. Frost gluten free carrot cake and decorate with chopped nuts (if desired) and enjoy!